We carry out all types of service and repair work, from simple replacement of parts through to full overhauls and everything in between.
Our mechanics are experienced, helpful and Cytech Level 2 or 3 qualified. We pride ourselves on a consistently high standard of work with a fast turnaround.
If you are unsure what work needs carrying out we will happily look at your bike and give you a free estimate.
FREE BIKE SAFETY CHECK
Our Cytech-qualified mechanics will give your bike a full safety-check, a bit like giving your bike an MOT. Perfect if your bike has been hibernating over winter or endured heavy use.
We systematically check your bike including brakes, gears, tyres and tyre pressures. We will diagnose any issues that we find and provide you with a checklist to take away so that you have a record of the additional work we recommend.
Full Service - £110
This is the full overhaul, your bike will be stripped back to the frame, cleaned (using our Smartwasher Parts Cleaning System) and reassembled. All bearing assemblies will be serviced and any new parts fitted without incurring additional labour charges.
All parts are chargeable and the service of hydraulic brakes or suspension will incur an extra charge.
If you use your bike regularly it would be a good idea to have a full service at least once a year (more if you use your bike in all weather conditions), this will help keep your bike in good running order.
Standard Service - £55
- Tune up and safety check.
- Visual inspection (check for damage/wear)
- Check torque settings (or general tightness of bolts)
- Cranks and pedals
- Wheel true (on bike)
- Pressure in tyres
- Tune brakes
- Tune gears
Replacement of brake blocks if necessary at no additional labour charge
*All parts are chargeable and fitting will incur extra labour charges (except brake blocks)
We are an accredited service centre for Bosch and have all the diagnostic facilities needed to diagnose and service electric bikes that use this system.
- E-bike Standard Service – our regular standard service plus software update -£75.00
- E-bike Full Service – Our regular full service plus software update, diagnostic report and drive unit removal and check – £160.00
- Software update / diagnose error code – £20.00
- Drive unit removal and check – Motor strip from bike, clean and degrease, re-fit and check torques. Also includes diagnostic report and software update – £50.00
- Fit inner tube – £8.00 each (excluding tube)
- Fit inner tube/tyre (Hub Gear) – £10.00 each (excluding parts)
- Fit tyres (non tubeless)– £8.00 each (excluding tyre)
- Tubeless tyre install (including sealant) – £20 (excluding parts)
- Tubeless tyre install (including sealant, tubeless tape) – £30 (excluding tyre)
- Wheel true – £10.00 (plus £5.00 tyre removal/replacement)
- Spoke replacement plus true – £15.00 (excluding spokes)
- Build wheel – from £30.00 – Price dependent on specification
- Spoke Calculation – £5.00
- Front Hub Service – £15.00
- Rear Hub Service – £20.00
- Rear Hub Service (Hub Gear) – £35.00
Gears and Drivetrain
- Gear tune – £8.00 each
- Mech hanger straighten/replacement £10.00
- Fit gear cable and tune £10.00 (excluding cable)
- Fit chain – £5.00
- Fit cassette/freewheel – £5.00
- Fit chainset – £15.00
- Fit shifter and tune (flat bar) – £15.00 each
- Fit shifter and tune (drop bar) – £30.00 each
- Fit derailleur and tune – £15.00 each
- Bottom bracket service/replacement – £20.00
- Full drivetrain strip and degrease – £25.00
- Tune brake – £8.00 each
- Fit brake cable and tune – £10.00 each (excluding cable)
- Fit brake caliper (cable) – £15.00 each
- Fit brake pads (rim or disc) – £10.00 each (excluding pads)
- Fit brake lever and tune (non hydraulic) – £15.00
- Hydraulic brake fit or bleed – £20.00 each
- Fit or replace disc rotor – £5.00 each
- Headset service – £20 / replacement – £25.00
- Fork fitting (includes headset service) – £35.00
- Dropper post fit (cable) – £15.00 / Hydraulic – £35.00
- Fit non tunable part – £5.00
- Fit full mudguards – £15.00
- Fit saddle – £5.00
- Fit grips – £5.00
- Fit bar tape – £10.00
- Bring your own component replacements are charged at £5 additional labour per item
Bike in a Box Building Service
Here at the HUB we offer a bike in a box build service that takes all the stress and guesswork out of putting your new bike together. One of our Cytech level 2 trained mechanics will lovingly assemble and check all parts of your new bike prior to handing it over, we will even recycle the box for you. All you need to concentrate on is getting on your bike and enjoying all the adventures on the road or trail ahead
- Adult Bike £45
- E-Bike £55
- Kids Bike £25
- Balance Bike £10